One morning I decided that I wanted to learn a new thing every day. So I decided to share my experience with everyone.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Don’t forget to put chocolate on your grocery list!!!

Scientists from the Salk Institute have discover that the chemical epicatechin help to boost the memory of mice. This chemical is found in grapes, blueberries, tea and of course chocolate. Its also seems to boost the blood flow in certain parts of the brain.

Now the real question is: how do you test the memory of a mouse ? Obviously you cant ask it : “Do you remember last week when we share a piece of blue cheese …”. I guess that you can make them go into a maze, repeat the operation until the mouse know exactly the way, calculate the amount of time needed to the mouse to forget the way through the maze, fat her up with chocolate and wait the same amount of time to see if this time she will remember (yeah my imaginary mouse is a female).

I guess my point is that checking a product cure cancer is more maybe a bit more straightforward to accurately test whether or not chocolate is good for you.


Most of the articles on these pages are taken from different site. Since I tend to strip the article to only keep the essential, I don’t use quote because it would (to keep it simple). Link to the used resources are kept in the link section. If you want to know the sources for any particular article, just ask the question in the comment form.