One morning I decided that I wanted to learn a new thing every day. So I decided to share my experience with everyone.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Water Slide

I was looking for an article on surface tension when I felt onto theses facts:
Water is a common chemical substance that is essential to all known forms of life. In typical usage water refers only to its liquid form or state, but the substance also has the solid state, ice, and gaseous state, water vapor. About 1,460 teratonnes (Tt) of water cover 71% of Earth's surface, with 1.6% of water below ground in aquifers and 0.001% in the air as vapor, clouds, and precipitation.[2] Saltwater oceans hold 97% of surface water, glaciers and polar ice caps 2.4%; and other land surface water such as rivers and lakes 0.025%. Now, you have to be impressed by theses numbers.

Tomorrow: Why can water stride walk on water?


Most of the articles on these pages are taken from different site. Since I tend to strip the article to only keep the essential, I don’t use quote because it would (to keep it simple). Link to the used resources are kept in the link section. If you want to know the sources for any particular article, just ask the question in the comment form.